Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates
In the 10-week long Illinois Computer Science Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU), students work with Illinois faculty mentors and graduate students over the summer to get an introduction to computer science research. This is an outstanding opportunity for aspiring scientists and faculty to learn from leading experts in computer science.
The Illinois CS REU program includes an end-of-summer research symposium for participants to show off their work, as well as weekly seminars covering research skills, presentation skills, information about graduate school, and how to apply for graduate studies.
The University of Illinois is one of the nation’s leading public land-grant universities, home to a top-5 CS graduate program with a rich history in computing and the nation’s premier academic supercomputer, Blue Waters.
Illinois CS REU Session Dates: May 28 - August 2, 2019
- Orientation Materials. Learn about the Illinois CS summer REU program and campus resources.
- Lunch and Learn Seminar Schedule and Presentation Slides. Weekly seminars will cover a variety of topics related to research, professional development, and graduate school. Note: available slides are linked in the schedule!
- Campus Event Opportunities. Meet REU students participating in other campus REU programs and hear presentations on a wide range of topics. However, space is limited to 9 seats per session. (See sign up details at the link.)
On-campus housing will be provided for students who are sponsored through the CRA-W DREU program. Department staff will be in touch with details.
Parking is not included and must be arranged with the Illinois Parking Department.
Other Computing-Related REUs at the University of Illinois:
- C3SR-Undergraduate Research in Artificial Intelligence (College of Engineering)
- Illinois Scholars Undergraduate Research Program (College of Engineering)
- INCLUSION (NCSA)