Tulane cars 813 (above) and 442 (below) were photographed on the outer track of the layover area at the foot of Canal Street. The upper picture was taken June 10, 1947, the lower one in December 1945. Car 837 on the inner track in the upper picture is probably working the Cemeteries or the West End line. There is a Car Stop sign on the light pole at the right. When the Tulane cars begin their runs, they will switch to the inner track for the trip to Saratoga Street, which they will then follow up to Tulane Ave. Note that the right front (and left rear) doors of the 400-class cars, such as 442 here, are sliding doors, but on the 800-class cars, they are folding doors, the same as the other doors.
Previous Picture | Next Picture