NOPSI owned several of these side-dump cars, half motored (cars 050-053) and half trailers (cars 030-033), built in 1923. There was also a pair of center dump cars, motor 054 and trailer 034, built in 1924. By the early 1950s, trucks were in service for all the purposes that these dump cars had been used. The last of them were scrapped in January 1953. Note the rust on the bottom edge of the dash panel at the left in this picture of motor side-dump car 052, taken August 14, 1949.
Previous Picture | Next Picture