Near the river end of the line, car 937 and another 900-class car meet on Napoleon Ave. at the Magazine St. intersection in this June 10, 1947 picture. The photographer is facing away from the river. The streetcars are on the wide, grassy neutral ground. Note the roadways for other vehicles at left and right. The track curves in the foreground provide connections for Napoleon cars to travel to and from the car barn at Arabella Station (see Group 5). There appear to be some “extra” uniformed NOPSI personnel in front of the streetcars; perhaps the shift is changing. The church steeple in the background belongs to St. Stephen's Church. In recent years, this parish has been combined with others, and it is now Good Shepherd church.
Previous Picture | Next Picture